The First-Year Students Scholarship is intended for academically (or otherwise) gifted students who need financial assistance to help cover tuition fees. The scholarship is presented in the form of reduced tuition fees, and no payments will be made to recipients. To qualify for a scholarship, students must meet the minimum academic requirements and demonstrate sufficient funds for non-tuition fees, including cost of living, personal expenses, travel expenses, books, etc. As scholarships rarely cover the entire tuition fee, students should be prepared to contribute towards tuition fees as well.
Details of the Scholarship
- Amount: 10% to 100% of tuition fees covered for the first year
- Only Scholarship Applications accompanied by complete Admission Applications will be processed
- Application deadline: 20 December (Spring Enrolment); 20 June (Fall Enrolment)
- Announcement of the scholarship awards: 5 January (Spring Enrolment); 15 July (Fall Enrolment)
- Applicants must apply for admission to a degree program
- Applicants must meet minimum admission requirements for degree programs
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must hold a senior high school certificate with above-average grades (80% and up).
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s degree with above-average grades (80% and up).English proficiency
- Applicants must have taken an acceptable English language proficiency test (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) and obtained a score higher than University minimum entry requirements.
- BFSU-SolBridge Scholarship Application Form
- Letter of acceptance
- Letters of recommendation, written in English.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship applicants are only eligible for one scholarship at a time
- Students who already hold a scholarship from a third party are not eligible for the First Year Students Scholarship
- BFSU-SolBridge reserves the final right of interpretation of these detailed implementation regulations.
For the purpose of scholarship bestowment, senior students are regarded as those who have successfully completed the first year of a degree course at BFSU-SolBridge and are enrolled for subsequent years leading to a degree. Postgraduate students may apply for the Senior Students Scholarship once they have completed the first year of postgraduate studies. Students in their first year of postgraduate studies should refer to the First-Year Students Scholarship. Evaluation criteria for the Senior Students Scholarship, as well as award tiers are set out below.
- The final assessment grade of each applicant is calculated as follows:
- Overall Assessment Grades = Average Grades of Academic Year (80%)+ Attendance (10%) + Extra Points(10%)
Scholarship Tiers and Award Amounts
The following scholarship tiers will be available to qualified students:
1. First tier scholarship
- CNY10,000/Academic Year (Awarded to 5% of students every year)
2. Second tier scholarship
- CNY 8,000/Academic Year (Awarded to 10% of students every year)
3. Third tier scholarship
- CNY5,000/Academic Year (Awarded to 15% of students every year)
- CNY 12,000/Academic Year (Awarded to 5% of students every year);
- CNY 10,000/Academic Year (Awarded to 10% of students every year)
- Only degree-seeking students enrolled at BFSU-SolBridge are eligible for BFSU-SolBridge scholarships.
- Abide by national laws and University regulations and avoid bringing the University's name and reputation into disrepute;
- Be actively involved in academic and extracurricular activities and promote healthy camaraderie among fellow students;
- Maintain a high level of academic performance in all enrolled courses and regularly attend classes;
- Be available for administrative class duties and occasional promotional activities for University programs.
- Assessment of student eligibility for scholarships is based on the BFSU-SolBridge Integrated Assessment System;
- Students are evaluated in terms of their academic performance(grades) class attendance, and extracurricular activities (Activities for Extra Points);
- Scholarships of different tiers cannot be awarded to the same student simultaneously.
Enquiries: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to - Main page of Beijing Foreign Studies University