Study EASA Approved Basic Training Programs at TAECO
new TAECO Training Center, located next to the Xiamen Gaoqi
International Airport, is a 40 million USD investment by the Taikoo
(Xiamen) Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd.
TAECO Training Center, with a versatile team of nearly 70 full-time
instructors, supports and renders training capabilities in a multitude
of training courses for aircraft types, basic license, practical skills,
aviation English, human factors and other aviation maintenance courses.
Utilizing a comprehensive facility of standard practices workshop and
aircraft components including Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney
engines, B747 landing gears, B747-400 airframe, fuel tank, and B747
simulator, the Center can therefore simulate the real aircraft
maintenance environment for optimal training effects. The TAECO Training
Center not only addresses civil aviation knowledge and maintenance
skills, but also cultivates work attitude, professionalism and teamwork.
The TAECO Training Center:
EASA Approved Basic Training Programs:
the unique strengths of HAECO in Hong Kong/TAECO in Xiamen, and the
advantages of the group resources of aircraft maintenance, landing gear
overhaul and engine overhaul companies.
- in addition offers affordable long-term accommodation and administrative support to visa application and renewal.
For Categories B1.1 Mechanical and B2 Avionics
18-month training programs are applicable to engineering apprentices or
secondary students ab-initio. Upon successful completion of either one
of these, you can
- Gain an EASA Part-147 Certificate of Recognition for Basic Training Course and/or Basic Examinations.
- Shorten the years of experience for the issue of an EASA Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence from 5 years to 2 years.
- With the years of experience fulfilled, stand a good chance of obtaining the aforesaid Licence issued by UK-CAA.
- Go on to take aircraft type courses and make such qualifications meaningful.
- Eventually start your career as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer given confidence and persistence.
category B1 aircraft maintenance license shall permit the holder to
issue certificates of release to service following maintenance,
including aircraft structure, power plant and mechanical and electrical
systems. Replacement of avionic line replaceable units, requiring simple
tests to prove their serviceability, shall also be included in the
- Category B1 shall
automatically include the appropriate A subcategory. A category B2
aircraft maintenance license shall permit the holder to issue
certificates of release to service following maintenance on avionic and
- Knowledge training delivered to EASA standards by a team of experienced professionals
- Modern teaching methods integrating learning psychology and computer aids
quality hands-on training utilizing a comprehensive facility of
"standard practices" workshop and aircraft components, including
Rolls-Royce and Pratt &Whitney engines, B747 landing gears, and fuel
- Replication of real aircraft maintenance environment using a fixed-base B747 classic simulator and B747-400 section 42/46 mockup
- Practical on-the-job training with access to commercial aircraft in TAECO hangars
- Paperless module subject examinations directly at TAECO Training Center
Students shall take the examination module by module organized by TAECO Training Center (EASA Part-66 Exam Site).
AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING COURSE INFO
21 April, 28 August and 15 September 2017
EASA Approved Basic Training Programs For Categories B1.1 – Mechanical
EASA Approved Basic Training Programs For Categories B2 – Avionics
A320 type rating (please contact us for other type ratings)
On job training
Approximately 2 years
USD29,300 inclusive of USD2,300 deposit which will be refunded to you after completing the course.
- 1st installment = USD16,115 (approximately RM66,000)
- 2nd installment = USD8,790 (approximately RM36,000)
- 3rd installment = USD4,395 (approximately RM18,000)
Forex - 1 USD = RM4.1
- 18 years or older
- SPM or O/A Levels equivalent. Forecast results can be accepted.
- Valid international passport
- Completed TAECO entrance assessment
Accommodation & Meals
TAECO Training Centre can provide fully furnished flats and one apartment can accommodate up to 4 students. Accommodation and meals shall be paid by the students. Accommodation cost per student is approximately RM350.00 (USD100) per month only.
Will be arranged by PREC
The HAECO Training Center is opposite the Airport Terminal Building and is within easy access by various bus routes. Airport pick up for students and parents will be arranged.
Intake in progress. For further information, you may contact KY Lee at 6012-3800 501 or email -kylee.prec[at]gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for FAQ About EASA Part-147
More About HAECO:
- Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (Chinese: 香港飛機工程有限公司), better known as HAECO (港機工程).
- Established in Hong Kong in 1950, HAECO is one of the world’s leading independent aircraft engineering and maintenance groups.
- It is one of the largest Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service providers in terms of capacity.
- The HAECO Group consists of 18 subsidiaries and affiliates, employing over 17,000 staff in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Singapore and the USA.
- In 2012, HAECO was awarded the “Leading Independent Organisation” by Aviation Week and voted as the “Best Airframe MRO Provider – Asia” at the Aircraft Technology Engineering & Maintenance Awards.
- The group holds significant business interests in Mainland China through its subsidiary, Taikoo (Xiamen) Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (TAECO).
About Xiamen, China
Xiamen is a port city on China’s southeast coast, across a strait from Taiwan. It encompasses 2 main islands and a region on the mainland. Formerly known as Amoy, it was a foreign concession from 1903 to World War II. Many Europeans and Japanese lived on Gulangyu, today a vehicle-free island with beaches and meandering streets lined with old colonial villas.
- Area: 604 mi² (1,565 km²)
- Weather: 91°F (33°C), Wind SW at 11 mph (18 km/h), 63% Humidity
- Local time: Wednesday 12:00 PM
- Hotels: 3-star averaging $40, 5-star averaging $120. View hotels
- Province: Fujian
- Population: 2.053 million (2000) UNdata